Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I recently downloaded an APP on my iPad called Zite.  This program allows you to select topics of interest, like education, travel, health etc., and articles from a variety of reputable resources will pop up on Zite.  I've seen articles from The New York Times, The Huffington Post, and the Time magazine show up on Zite that all pertain to my areas of interest.  I love the ease of sharing relevant articles with other people, or even sending them to my school e-mail so I can pull them up for the class to read on the SMARTboard.  Zite has made reading the news more personalized for me and provides yet another resource for me as a teacher to share information with my students.  I would suggest downloading Zite and selecting your favorite topics, but also add a few topics that you don't know much about so you can expand your knowledge! It's great for your own pleasure reading and will certainly be useful for classroom if you are looking for authentic resources!

No comments:

Post a Comment